Thursday, October 7, 2010

Friends, and Crock-pots are Awesome

Like, super-dooper awesome. Really.

Even though I am a WAHM, I often have to leave the house for various appointments, or to meet with clients. For those days, Crock-pots are amazing. Last night I pulled out some of the pre-rolled meatballs I made & stashed from the freezer & popped them in the fridge to defrost. Today I tossed them into the slow cooker with a can of diced tomatoes and a jar of spaghetti sauce. Near-instant dinner for when we get home!
While everyone clambered in & got settled I boiled some noodles & heated some store-bought bread up in the oven. (On 400 for the time it takes to boil noodles.)
What really made supper super- some FRESH herbs straight from our good awesome friend's GIANT basil, oregano & thyme plants. It's totally a BUSH of basil now. It's pretty freakin' awesome looking, and smells sooooooo good! I just tossed some chopped herbs in while the noodles & bread finished up. DELICIOUS!

0 comments: