Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tofu Thursdays: Tof'jitas!



Tofu Fajitas, yum.
I'm just gonna jump right to how I make mine =-)

First, get your FIRM tofu draining...


Then,  in a quart-sized baggie mix together:
  • A palm-full of cumin
  • A 1/4 teaspoon (about...) of garlic powder
  • A 1/2 teaspoon (about...) of onion powder
  • As much chili-powder as your family likes

Then, mix in a couple glubs each of lemon juice & water. Glub is a VERY scientific measurement dude...







Next, cut your tofu into strips or cubes, depending on what you prefer. I like to cut it in strips, since I ALWAYS end up breaking it so much. By the time I bake it- it looks almost just like that pre-seasoned pre-cooked "chicken" strips you can buy in the frozen section. Have you read the ingredient list on those? =-/

Now add your strips/cubes to you awesome-smelling bag & let marinate AT LEAST 8 hours in the fridge. (I like to make it the night before I cook it.)

I've read lots of recipes that fry the tofu up, but I like to bake it because I am horrible at turning it & break it like crazy.
I begin by covering a rimmed sheet pan with foil & putting down a nice bit of olive oil. You could probably use any oil, but I like the flavor olive oil adds. Pre-heat your oven to 400.
Olive oil is so pretty...
Spread your marinated tofu out on the pan & drizzle a bit more oil...
While sauteing your veggies...

Bake until heated through & the excess seasonings start darkening on the pan...
Throw 'em together! Yum!
 [You can click the pics to see them bigger...if you want...]

2 comments:

m0mmy0fmany said...

I will DEFINITELY have to give this one a try!!! :o)

Cooking Rebel said...

That is awesome!! It looks like Chicken Fajita's. I'm going to have to try this recipe with my girls.