Thursday, December 8, 2011

Holidays on a Budget: No Fail "Fudge"

This is seriously the EASIEST candy recipe you will ever see. So tasty, and perfect for a choco-craving or a holiday gift.I like to toss a few pieces in my cookie tin gifts.

You will need
  • 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk!)
  • splash of vanilla
  • 4 Tablespoons butter
  • any mix-ins you wish (Nuts, marshmallows, fruits, etc...)
Grease a square glass pan. Have all your ingredients ready. I like to have my butter chopped in little teeny-tiny cubes. I even dump the vanilla with it so it is ready to toss in.

In a double boiler or very carefully in a microwave, melt together the chips and the milk.

Stir in the vanilla, and the bits of butter.

Quickly fold in your mix-ins: I like WELL DRAINED halved maraschino cherries, marshmallows, and chopped almonds- Rocky Road! (What I have pictured is pecans, so my little nut-sensitive one can have some. She doesn't react to pecans =-)

Spread out into your prepared pan, chill until set, and EAT!

0 comments: