Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sugar-Free Chocolate Candies

I saw a GREAT post over at Suzie Homemaker's Facebook page for a diet/sugar-free chocolate candy to bust your sweet tooth. We used to occasionally get the sugar-free chocolates because Mr. Disheveled is diabetic, and I am always dieting. BUT- I didn't like that they were made with sucralose (Splenda). Because of the um-tummy troubles- it gives, and because I try to avoid chemical sweeteners (and ingredients in general.) These have stevia, a natural sweetener, and also coconut oil, which we've been adding to our diet for The Princess' eczema and overall health reasons. Win. (It is also NO COOK!)

I made a couple changes to the original, because The Princess is allergic to peanuts, and I wanted to use my dark chocolate cocoa powder. (I've been putting it in everything- YUM!)

It is really quite simple too.
Mix together in a bowl:

  • 1/4 cup almond meal (I couldn't make a drive to the city, so I omitted, plus my almond butter is "dryer" than PB)
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter (We used almond butter!)
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 2 packets of stevia 

You can then drop into candy molds (or silicon ice mold like we did.) 
Let harden in the fridge (or freezer if in a hurry, )
Pop out and enjoy. Remember to keep in the fridge or keep cool because they melt very quickly! 

0 comments: