Friday, October 26, 2012

My Favorite Toothpaste Recipe



Natural toothpaste recipes that actually taste good are few and far between. Googleing will give you a few options, but this one remains my favorite.

I make a pretty decent-sized batch,
In a bowl, combine 1 part coconut oil with 1 part baking soda. My big batches are 3 Tablespoons of each.

That's basically it, if you don't care for flavorings. If you'd like to flavor your toothpaste, also add 1 packet of stevia sweetener. ONLY stevia and xylitol are safe for your toothpaste. You wouldn't want to add sugar and rot your teeth, and don't get me started on the artificial sweeteners... ;-) I got a box of stevia packs at Dollar General for only a buck!
For a classic pepperminty toothpaste, add some peppermint oil.
This batch, we made a yummo Raspberry Mint....so it's a touch pink.
 Mix it all together until all lumps are gone.
Then just spoon into containers, or if you wish, a snack-sized ziptop bag. You can snip a tiny corner off the bag and squeeze out the toothpaste.




1 comments:

goldclark said...

Your blog is perfect, and I like this article. I find the information I need. I think I can find more useful information here, thanks.
Markham dentistry