Sunday, June 26, 2011

Homemade Fun: Play Dough

Summer! We all need activities to keep the kids busy when we're this far into summer vacation. Here is the first of a few homemade supplies/activities to keep us going.
This play dough recipe is the EASIEST. And to make things even easier, I used the steaming hot water I keep on hand for tea, so my oldest can make this for the littler ones!

You will need:
  • 1 C flour
  • 1/2 C salt
  • 1 pack of flavored drink mix (the kind without sugar!)
Mix these thoroughly into a large bowl. Then add:
  • 3 Tablespoons oil
  • 1 C boiling water
Mix and mix until your dough forms a ball and begins to cool. When  cool enough to handle, knead until cool and cohesive. 
    
Strawberry makes the prettiest pink!
Keep in a zippered plastic bag or plastic container.

1 comments:

Stephine said...

I want to make this for me! Haha.