Monday, May 7, 2012

Roast Chickpeas For Snacking and Salads (Using Filippo Bario)

As you might be able to tell, we love chickpeas here. A (long) while back I posted a picture of some roasted chickpeas on our Facebook page, and since I'm currently doing a BzzAgent campaign for DELICIOUS olive oil, I figured I'd show you all how I make them. =-)

Preheat your oven to 425. Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Drizzle lightly with olive oil.

Drain and pat dry 1 can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans) or have about 1 1/2-2 cups of home-cooked. Pat dry. Lay out on your baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle with another tablespoon or so of olive oil. Shake pan, or stir to evenly coat. Sprinkle liberally with kosher salt, some cracked black pepper, and seasonings of your choice. (We like garlic & onion powder and a little chile powder.)

Roast for about 45 minutes, stir often, until deeply golden, with some black specks. Be careful to stay just on this side of burnt.


Serve warm or cooled. We eat them like nuts as a snack, or sprinkle over salads for a protein kick.
To make a quick and delicious salad dressing, mix or shake together 1 part olive oil with 2 parts balsamic vinegar or lemon juice. Add salt and pepper, and/or FINELY minced garlic and dried basil.  









***Disclaimer- I am a BzzAgent. I was sent a bottle of Filippo Bario to review and and "Bzz" about. All opinions are my own, and I was not told what to say about it or what to do with it.***

1 comments:

Viviane Bauquet Farre said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.